海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 全世界华人企业的驰名品牌:一个没有 ZT
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 全世界华人企业的驰名品牌:一个没有 ZT   
所跟贴 全世界华人企业的驰名品牌:一个没有 ZT -- 游客 - (2615 Byte) 2005-8-22 周一, 17:14 (2331 reads)
Tom12

头衔: 海归少校

头衔: 海归少校

加入时间: 2005/08/16
文章: 33
来自: US
海归分: 11249

文章标题: Don't scapegoate Chinese culture. Be positive! (323 reads)      时间: 2005-8-23 周二, 05:44   

作者:Tom12海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

I do agree with you that China don’t have many good brands to brag about, and you have a valid concern here. But, please, do not relate this issue to race, culture or national characteristic. It is not helpful and it is nonsense. Below are some of my thoughts on this:

1. For most of China’s enterprises, the viable strategy is still cost leadership, not differentiation. And there is nothing wrong with it, because that’s what we are good at so far. But that is not to say we will remain a low-cost player forever. To give a good hold where we will be, you should look at the trends of Chinese economy, not just the status quo.

2. To move up in the value chain will take a long time. We are still far behind in the long long learning curve. In essence, having or not having good brand names is not the issue. The real issue is your capability. If you don’t have the capability to support the brand name with high standard quality management, marketing expertise, strong R&D and blar blar blar, you don’t really need a good brand. BTW, how do you acquire the capability? Through generations of hardworking people, market competition. If you look at the trend of many industries in China, they have become much more competitive and aggressive during the latest decade, for instance, electronic products, home appliance, steel, and ship manufacture. I think many Chinese enterprises have the potential of being formidable players in the global market in the future.

3. Be positive and be patient. We all know high margin business the direction we are heading to, but in the meantime, we need to keep our spirit up and have faith in ourselves, instead of being over critical of our weaknesses. When Samsung and Hyundai first entered to US market, it tumbled miserably, and was perceived as cheap products lack of quality and design. It took them over ten years to become respected players. It’s only a few years since China has entered WTO, some industries and enterprises are already making progress and start to gain foothold in the international market for instance, Haier, Chery, and TV manufacturers as a whole. Just give them some time…

Again, I think your concern is worthy of serious discussion here, and I totally disagree with Mr. Long Yongtu’s opinion. But I have seen too many similar posts to blame everything down to Chinese culture, and I want to keep you mindful of our accomplishments and be proud.

作者:Tom12海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
有没有人参加过“世界华人创业楷模协会”举办的会议? 海归主坛 2010-5-28 周五, 11:09
看看是不是骗钱骗到国外来了:世界华人创业企业CEO圆桌会议 海归主坛 2010-1-26 周二, 21:14
[猎头职位]船运巨头,世界500强企业--Market Mapping a... 海归招聘 2011-8-09 周二, 14:39
【猎头职位】Government Affairs Manager-30K/... 海归职场 2011-7-04 周一, 16:41
[分享]北京,上海,深圳---ERP实施顾问,ERP PM(不要求英文哦)... 海归职场 2010-9-25 周六, 11:15
世界500强企业招聘,待遇丰厚---海昇猎头公司 海归网公司招聘专栏 2010-9-03 周五, 13:40
世界500强企业招聘,待遇丰厚-生产主管 海归网公司招聘专栏 2010-8-19 周四, 15:01
世界500强企业招聘,待遇丰厚 海归网公司招聘专栏 2010-8-19 周四, 15:00

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 Tom12离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.