海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 波儿的波-上海三天半(下)-见证最后的襄阳路市场
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 波儿的波-上海三天半(下)-见证最后的襄阳路市场   
所跟贴 波儿的波-上海三天半(下)-见证最后的襄阳路市场 -- 波儿 - (2420 Byte) 2006-7-01 周六, 22:03 (2977 reads)
valley

头衔: 海归上校

头衔: 海归上校
声望: 学员

加入时间: 2004/02/20
文章: 662

海归分: 89859

文章标题: 襄阳路市场真的关门大吉 (524 reads)      时间: 2006-7-02 周日, 05:31   

作者:valley海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

Xiangyang Market Shuts for Real

2006-07-01

Officials close the Xiangyang Fashion and Gift Market at 9:30pm yesterday. More than 2,000 vendors in the 24,000-square-meter market have found other sites to continue their business.

LI arrived at his store in the Xiangyang Fashion and Gift Market at 8:50am yesterday and was open for business at 9 o'clock.

Like every other vendor, he would be there all day, cutting deals with the throngs of visitors hunting for bargains.

It is a routine. Li has followed for four years. But he knew yesterday would be different: at 9:30pm last night, Xiangyang Market, closed for the last time.

Li had thought about the government decision to close the market for months, first angrily, then calmly as he accepted the fact.

"I was stunned when I first heard about the news. It's such a popular market," Li said.

Even though rents increased every year, Li's 10 square-meter store still managed to turn a profit by selling leather goods including bags, belts and wallets. Business in the past three months got even better as Li offered lower prices in an effort to unload his inventory.

"Sales have more than doubled since the government officially announced the market would close by the end of this month," he said.

Li has already printed new name cards with the address of his new store in a market on Pudong's Central Avenue near the Science and Technology Museum and has been handing them out to every visitor to his store. Li's sadness yesterday was shared by many of the thousands of shoppers looking for a bargain on the last day.

"I've bought many cheap things here and when I heard the market will be closed I was like 'Oh, my god,"' said Rita Luthi, a German air-hostess who flies to Shanghai once a month.

By noon, the hot weather and the humidity had made the market an unpleasant place.

But Li showed no sign of slowing down - and neither did his customers.

They were still desperately searching for things at surprisingly low prices, regardless of whether they needed them in their wardrobe.

Guan was one of them. The woman who works nearby on Huaihai Road gave up her lunch break and rushed to seize her final bargain at the market, under the sun.

"I used to come here a lot and buy cheap things. Today will be my last chance," said a rueful Guan.

Guan was attracted to the men's shoes sold at Li's store for 50 yuan (US$6.25) a pair.

"Before I have paid about 100 yuan a pair. This is a big discount. I'll buy a pair for my boyfriend," Guan said.

By 3pm the market was heaving with crowds of shoppers.

"Usually business will cool off a little in the afternoon and pick up again in the evening," Li said. "But as you can see today, it's crazy."

Having worked as a private dealer for years, Li is used to having a late lunch to prevent himself getting hungry during the evening sales boom.

Yesterday he managed just a quick bite on the run.

There was still business to be done

作者:valley海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
波儿的波-上海三天半(中)-中午见美女网友晚上见帅哥校友 海归茶馆 2006-6-30 周五, 19:39
波儿的波-上海三天半(上)-上海的俊男美女风花雪月 海归茶馆 2006-6-29 周四, 20:57
波儿的波-上海三天半(续貂)-不让上飞机的皮手镯 海归茶馆 2006-7-11 周二, 21:08
波儿的波-睁开眼看中国(8)-大上海的小市场-我为什么不在襄阳路买假名牌 海归茶馆 2005-3-18 周五, 20:49
该贴含病毒,万勿点击急需海归硕士人才(金融、财务、法律、市场经济类专业优先... 海归招聘 2011-10-18 周二, 14:10
[耳听八方] 话说海南女人 (ZT) 生活风情 2011-8-14 周日, 12:50
[原创]500强美资测量行业-上海-SAP专家(PP)-Business ... 海归职场 2010-12-06 周一, 16:20
猎头职位:上海--Director of Engineering(IC) 海归职场 2010-10-10 周日, 11:09

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 valley离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.