海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: Hung trades music for mathematics
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 Hung trades music for mathematics   
ferncrest
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归少将

头衔: 海归少将
声望: 教授
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2005/09/14
文章: 6484
来自: 地球
海归分: 293622

文章标题: Hung trades music for mathematics (1142 reads)      时间: 2008-5-07 周三, 21:45   

作者:ferncrest海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

2008-04-22

William Hung, math teacher?
Ever wonder what happened to William Hung? You know, the “She Bangs” guy? Turns out the former American Idol contestant is now banging out a math degree at California State University, Northridge (CSUN).

According to the university’s online paper, the Daily Sundial, the 24-year-old has switched from civil engineering to a double major in math and education with hopes of teaching kids arithmetic someday.

“I think teaching is more exciting. I get to learn and teach something new everyday,” said Hung. “I enjoy helping young children succeed. I enjoy tutoring. I just really enjoy the experience of teaching.”

During the third season of American Idol, Hung was shuttled into infamy for his off-key yet endearingly enthusiastic rendition of Ricky Martin’s “She Bangs”.

“Going to the audition was close to a last-minute decision, actually,” Hung said. "I heard on the news that there was going to be an audition. It was literally only a few days before that I found out about it.”

After his appearance on Idol, Hung landed a record deal with New York-based record company Koch Records.

"I’ve been performing everywhere around the world and I've gotten a record contract with a New York record company. We worked together and produced three records," he said.

“I was thrilled to be offered something like a record contract. I really didn't expect it and I was really grateful for the opportunity.”

He also was in high demand on the talk-show circuit. “The same night after the audition I received over a 150 emails for appearance opportunities.”

Hung guested on everything from Entertainment Tonight to The Ryan Seacrest Show. He even stopped by The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

“She is a very nice lady,” he said. “I still remember I didn’t know the song ‘Rocket Man’ by Elton John very well, and we sang the song together by the end of the show. It was really a lot of fun ‘cause everyone was into it.”

Now that his 15 minutes are up, Hung remains the champion of the underdog. “Whatever you believe in, and if you keep trying, you can eventually succeed,” he says.

作者:ferncrest海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
请教 Journal of Mathematics and System ... 海归商务 2012-8-24 周五, 16:11
Carlson School of Music Flash Mob 海归茶馆 2011-12-11 周日, 22:58
文学城看到的几个高中生做的Music Video, 真好听!! 生活风情 2011-9-03 周六, 03:06
[分享]music -- love the loveless 海归茶馆 2011-6-06 周一, 04:29
GAGA PLAYS BEST MUSIC BEYOND IMAGEINA... 海归酒吧 2011-4-23 周六, 16:12
Armin van Buuren - Full Focus (Offici... 高山流水 2011-2-01 周二, 09:50
【支持另一种明朗】To Lang Lang -Say:"Make... 春秋茶馆 2011-1-27 周四, 00:07
这里的MUSIC IS ONLY SKIN-DEEP 海归酒吧 2010-7-30 周五, 11:45

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 ferncrest离线  发送站内短信
  • Hung trades music for mathematics -- ferncrest - (2244 Byte) 2008-5-07 周三, 21:45 (1142 reads)
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.